I got to stop being like a lady in a shoe store and make up my dang mind and just order the parts.

Back in high school when 340 and 318 A body cars were everywhere even the 318 with 340 heads ran good.

I overspend, overbuild and 90% of the time im racing a gps meter by myself, fun but not practical or cheap, not everything has to be a stroker and run 10s to have fun, but it is fun.... I just got to get it through my head.

Id really like to put the 318 block back in the car, a simple 76 duster and can do the 318 semi right for 1/2 the cost of the 318/370 stroker.

I have some wiseco PTS529AS pistons already and could do a nice near 9:1 318, I got a hughes girdle on the wall and a old 150 plate kit... see there I go.... why do I need the plate kit on a low po 318?

Ordered a nice kit for the 904 though today, so its a start.

Alot of good 318 builds on fabo on some nice "real" street cars.

Im gonna mag and test fit the crank tomorrow and see where im at on fitment and clearances.

So maybe a bore/hone and balance job is in order, if I use the 340 rods I think its gonna need metal in the crank, the scat I beams are light and $300 and might be better money spent then oem rods and $crank weight.

I just want one of my cars I can drive 500 miles in a day if I want and not worry it.

THANKS!