Originally Posted By Sport440
Originally Posted By madscientist
That web page is stewartcomponents.com

A double pass radiator requires 16 times the pressure as a single pass to flow the same amount of coolant IIRC. A triple pass needs 64 TIMES the pressure to get the same flow as a single pass radiator. You need to look it up and read it for yourself.

Checked the site out for myself. They definitely need a new fluid dynamics engineer.

To toss out those Two numbers randomly 16 and 64 TIMES is insane. To many variables. If you were trying to pass the Whole Engines water system through a Heater Core, single, dual, triple, pass then it May be closer to the truth.

But the newer rads have a lot more flow capacity. But with that said, Yes, the dual; and triple pass rads will have more flow restriction, but Not Nearly the amount, the Stewarts web site suggests.

But, I will back peddle a little, the standard newer rads if big enough and with the right shrouds and fans are plenty enough to cool a lot of our rides. Lack of shrouds and fan placement is probably the biggest issues of poor cooling.

Dave, my Howe crossflow rad is a 19 x 31 for my A body. Had to trim some excess sheet metal from the driver side frame rail, and make a pocket in the passenger side front portion of the frame rail for it to slide in. So if your up for some miner fabrication you can go bigger on the rad.

Is that 19 X 31 a 26 inch core?

I don't run a shroud. The fan is close enough to the radiator to not need one.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston