i think its a shame...defintiely got more attraction than your average race at a local track, i think for a couple reasons:

1) They were held at the airport, not at a track, and usually the tracks are out in BFE, where people wont drive to for spectating or racing, where as some of these airports which are in the populated area

2)Alot of the participants are just casual street guys looking to have some fun and didnt have to deal with extra aggravation. These are the same participants that more than likely do not come to local tracks due to the track operator nut swinging guys who think their bracket races are the winternationals (these are the guys that like to hunt out these casual participants and generally suck the fun out of the casual enthusiast)

3)There are no eliminations, its just grudge have fun racing (i realize this would be the same format at the track, with the exception of number 2 happening)

you take this to the track your going to have more douchebags (i say this because only 3-4 of them show up to the airport drags) bring their race cars and pick on street cars to make themselves feel better.

This is also a shame because i know at least in ebensburg...this brought the airport some needed money, as it was having major financial issues.