Hi Guys ! My origianl screen name was mopART back when I was more active on this site about 12 years or so ago and I added this one a short while ago. I have forgotten more about cars than I want to admit but I have come here from time to time to see what's for sale.

So I have gotten myself into what I think is a worthwhile project. It's a '73 'cuda that was converted to a drag car (no engine or trans) - tubbed, caged, inner fenders cut out - the standard stuff. As raggedy as it is, i like it! I am keeping the tubs and part of the cage but I am replacing inner fender wells, radiator support and other engine bay items.

Anyway, what I need to do first is get it rolling again steering so I can move it around easier and on and off a trailer. There are some issues with steering, brakes, axles and it has 4 different size wheels on it now .

Can someone tell me what the factory track width on the front end (hub face to hub face)? It has a narrow front track width and it doesn't look right to me. It may not be stock which is part of the fun of doing a deconversion. It has drums on the front which may or may not be right - I don't know. If the track width is wrong and since I want discs all the way around, I may replace the whole K and suspension/brakes assembly.

Also, it has a home-engineered fast-style steering contraption in it now that is all jacked up. I am removing that and putting in a manual steering box.
Does the steering box mount on the K or the frame rail?

I am probably gonna need a lot of parts. lol !

thanks guys!

It's good to be back
Rob