@Fast & Laroy,

Not sure who the comments were intended for but you did reply to my post...???

I personally never said they were "Bad Guys", maybe you're referring to comments from others. But THEY did allow a questionable camshaft to be released from their facility. shruggy

I certainly did not expect any miracles from them simply viewing the pictures. I was hoping that they would possibly come back and say that the black finish would wear off normally and its okay to run the cam, we checked the records for Nitrided process on that day, we reviewed it with the Engineer etc etc... But I had a feeling they were going to tell me to send it back. So they are trying to make it right.

However, regarding their comment about how they are "unsure how it made it past quality control". My opinion is that it should not have made it past QC unless there is truly no problem with the coating. And if that's the case, I would only assume and hope that they (Comp) reviewed all this before returning my phone call.

I paid over $300 for a flat tappet Hyd cam from them that is now questionable. Im certainly not the bad guy here....

I appreciate the help and info from all on this board. Thank you!

Im just in a bad spot at this point with the camshaft and current timing, I need to get this project wrapped up. 2017 is going to be a very busy year for me and I will have NO time to work with the engine or car. As I stated earlier my goal was to get this completed before the end of the holidays. That seems to be at Jeopardy at the moment. I need to decide if I want to risk it or revisit this in about 6-8 months when more time is on my side.

Thanks again, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's to all!

Last edited by B5496RR; 12/23/16 02:24 PM.