Originally Posted By Rhinodart
Just bought a HF spring loaded centerpunch and it lasted exactly two punches before it did not spring back. mad Went to Home Depot and have used it for the last week and a couple dozen punches and it has been fine. up MuuMuu, did you ever get the correct 68 door? If you are mad about not seeing your trim on there how can you be fine with the wrong position of the lock button? shruggy BTW, 67 doors have the same position of the lock button but the wing window is slightly different.

It is still the same door. The lock position doesn't bug me. Someone keyed an "LA" (Dodgers) to the inner door sometime in its life, but I'm not really a baseball fan. I think it's funny. Ironically, all of those things don't bug me. It's just the lack of trim that bugs me the most as the look I've wanted is almost perfect.

Another ironic thing is that the original door on the passenger doesn't lock with the key. It only locks when you engage it while the door is closed. The driver door ('69 or newer) locks whenever with the key.

But I think I may end up taking it to the body shop my dad uses to see if they can do it. I have this anxiety thing about drilling holes. No matter how many times I measure, I feel like I always get the hole in the wrong position and holes are (semi) permanent. 2 holes doesn't bug me too much. 6 holes, that's a different story in my mind.