Originally Posted By QuickDodge
Originally Posted By Satilite73

Too many cars/trucks I've driven seemed like they were set up to be driven with your arms straight out. If my arms were comfortable, my legs were scrunched up. With my Dak, I can have my legs out, and the steering wheel at a comfortable reach. In this position too, the armrests fall at a usable location. On my Wife's Kia for example, I end up about 6" behind the (door) armrest, and the armrest on the console is too low.

You described my problem exactly! Long legs do NOT comfortably fit in many, many vehicles!! I'll try sitting in an extended cab Dakoka. Based on what you guys are saying, it will probably fit just fine!

One more question on this point, does the passenger side have as much leg room as the driver's side?

I actually went out and measured! Both trucks I have here are sticks, one a 95 extended cab, and the other a 01 standard cab. Both measure the same in the front floor pans.

The shape of the trans tunnel is the biggest thing determining the leg space. On the driver side, the tunnel is basically straight from the firewall and drops off nearly straight down from the shiter base, the passenger side has a wide slow curve (towards the center of the cab) from the firewall to the seat, but the biggest issue is the tunnel also curves to the floor pan along the entire tunnel, that curve extends the tunnel about 4" into the passenger floor pan. At the shifter location, the width of the driver side between the tunnel bottom and the door is 18" At the same location on the passenger side, again, at the bottom of the tunnel curve to the door is about 15".

Pictures: Hopefully they help. The tap measure is sitting at the beginning of the flat floor area, and the tape itself is 3" long. Excuse the mess, its a soon to be frame donor. The first 3 pictures are the passenger side. Gene

001.JPG002.JPG006.JPG
Last edited by poorboy; 12/09/16 06:02 PM.