Quote:

Same piston. I can tell she was burning a little oil, but that's about all I see.

Zippy, while this picture might not be the picture perfect example of detonation specking, it is good enough to show it IMO. The piston is also heavily oil carbonized to show oil leakage into the combustion chamber.

Witch by itself is a promoter of detonation. The Specking associated with detonation can be best described as a break in a uniform coating of carbon on the pistons surface.

The specks will be silver pinsize potholes to the pistons surface through the carbonized covered sufaced. Looking like silver Specks, Witch your piston displays IMO from the pics as best as I can see.

But in a cleaner burning engine the specks will be more dramatically distinguished compared to yours.

I think you were lucky, you didnt take out the whole motor. Just some pistons, and well, some head stuff. And like stated those ring lands are pretty thin. mike

EDIT, I see you stated it was broke when you got it. And you are just doing the autopsy,

Last edited by Sport440; 02/13/09 12:46 AM.