Originally Posted By shakerjoe
(If you want "relatively" quiet, don't use the Dynomax Ultraflow mufflers. They're a straight-through design and are significantly louder than the standard Dynomax muffler that TTI offers (just can't remember that model's name at the moment).)
Are the ultraflows really that much louder than the SuperTurbos? Someone posted a chart a few years ago with specs on aftermarket mufflers, I don't have it handy at the moment, but it listed the db's and they weren't much more, and the X pipe will tone it down I'm hoping. Does anybody have any experiences with both? Thanks to the op on the post

I changed the exhaust on my Challenger from Hooker Super Comps, 3" TTI H pipe system with Dynomax Super Turbos to stock exhaust manifolds, 2-1/2" TTI X pipe system with Dynomax Ultraflows. Neither system had resonators in the tailpipes. Actually, I believe the factory round mufflers were on the tailpipes after the axle and the resonators were just ahead of the axle under the rear seat area where my mufflers currently reside. It's hard to say which one is louder since I never tested it with a meter, but it's definitely a different sound. My situation is not a very good comparison between mufflers since there were other changes also. That said, the older exhaust had a mellower sound but had a noticeable drone at highway speed. The drone went away but the Ultraflows are quite loud being a straight through design. I've also thought about putting resonators out back to quiet it down a bit.