Originally Posted By savoy64
word of warning-----when you buy the dash pad they will ask if you want the extra speaker holes---the correct speakers are no longer made--the magnets on them are about one inch in diameter----my friend larry ordered one up then search as he might there are no new speakers to fit----he then decided just to cover the speaker holes with the grills and found those are no longer made----he had to buy a used set off ebay to seal the holes-----fast forward to now---i just bought a cuda driver quality car---previous person ordered up the same dash with holes and one step further ordered one without AC--the car i bought has original AC-so they had to pull out the center vents and cover it with this dash---i am sure the original center vents are now long lost----this may turn out to be a mess because really i would appreciate a car with AC----the previous guy also ordered up a seat cover set and installed it over the original broken down foam inserts----i got a good buy on the car dont get me wrong---the other thing on the new plastic core dashes is they dont have the same contour at the center speaker hole as the stock steel dash did----my persnickety friend sees it and it bothers him----
I had a frame with stereo speakers and A/C and discovered the same thing 5 years ago. Crossovers are also hard to find. So I sent it in for the core to get an A/C, non stereo dash pad. The old stereo speakers did not sound all that great anyway.
Craig

2014 Ram 1500 Laramie, 73 Cuda
Previous mopars: 62 Valiant, 65 Fury III, 68 Fury III, 72 Satellite, 74 Satellite, 89 Acclaim, 98 Caravan, 2003 Durango
Only previous Non-Mopar: Schwinn Tornado