I bought a 87 ramcharger new with a dana 44 in front and a 9.25 in the rear with 3:55 gears, small painted steelie rims and small tires. It had a 360 with 4 barrel quadrajet carb from the factory.

As soon as I got it within a couple weeks I put a 3" rough county suspension lift on it, installed 4:11 gears front and back, Big heavy steel rims with 33.5" tires on it and nitrous oxide under the quadrajet. It ran 14.5 seconds in the quarter mile with the nitrous at the drag strip numerous times. I was just as fast as the stock 5.0 mustangs of the day and had a blast racing my buddies in there stangs.

I beat the crap out of that truck for 7 years and 89K miles before I sold it. I towed a 21 boat with it for a few years 4 plus hours to lake Cumberland about twice a month. Neither diff ever went out and I know the guy I sold the truck to and he still has it.

The drag strip deal was not easy on the truck, I would do 4 wheel drive smokey burnouts on nitrous and then race it in 2 wheel drive. I also raced in the sand at the sand drags but that is real easy on the diffs in the sand.

Everyone said I would blowup the motor but never did. Was a crowd favorite.