Originally Posted By max_maniac
LOL - this is a joke talking about a cage for cars that JUST NOW have broken into the 9's. How many guys are there that are running in the 10's or 11's and want to keep going faster? They keep trying and trying and then they barely break into the 9 second zone and everyone jumps on then to get a cage because it's not safe. There are plenty of guys/gals out there that tickle the next ET that requires more but they do not invest to run those numbers when at times they can not repeat it in different weather conditions. These F.A.S.T cars are breaking new ground and I'm sure they will comply with the rules as needed. NHRA and IHRA rules are different! So if the IHRA cars can run quicker with the same rules as NHRA does but a different ET break does that mean they are not safe? Boycott the IHRA???
I never said they weren't safe, I answered the question asked, which was "are most of these cars legal for ETs run" and the answer to that, even for many of the slower ones is NO. Personally, I could care less.......it's your azz, do what you want. All I said was that I would cage one, because I think it would help the car overall........even an 11 sec one

Some of the other comments have to do with the pissing match that got started in the Hellcat thread, with that car being so fast and having little to no aftermarket safety equipment. Some seemed to think that was stupid, yet here we have the same thing and these guys are praised. Just a bit of a hypocrisy type thing. Like I said though, it's your car, your azz. Do what you want. If a track lets you run, have at it. If YOU feel good with it why should I care. My only concern on LACK of safety equipment is if it effects ME in the other lane. That being something that could potentially cause you to crash and hit ME. Just your personal safety........well that's up to you

Last edited by Monte_Smith; 11/01/16 01:39 PM.