As long as the two brackets (shifter and trans.) provide the correct ratio there shouldn't be a problem. I used a different gate and trans. bracket to run my PG through my TA Cheetah shifter. Works great! For a front exit cable shifter, I had to install the PG shift lever upside down. You'll see, it explains itself. Nothing internal. I got a generic bracket, from Hughes I think, for running the cable to the top and had to modify it to get the correct ratio/cable length. The current 3rd gear position on the shifter won't be used. You can probably fab a stop to it somehow where you aren't trying to force the cable into stretching out. Hook it all up in neutral so the cable end at the trans is adjusted to slip in and out of the hole with no resistance then have someone move the shifter through every position while you are under the car making sure that the cable end will slip in and out of the hole easily. Sometimes it will have a little resistance at the far end of the spec. (1st and Park).