just curious. how much [if any] did you have to remove from the center register hole on the ford rim to fit over the axle hub ? what year and model did the ford rim come from ? i have found over the years that while the ford rim has the same 5 on 4 1/2" bolt pattern, the center hub register hole is smaller than the hub register on the mopar axle and front hub, thus requiring the center hole to need opened up to fit. the mopar wheel, however, has a larger center hole than the ford, requiring no mods to bolt up and use in ford applications. the center bumps are also larger on the ford wheel if you want to use dog dish caps of the later [smaller, 68 on i think] diameter. i think the ford bumps are close, if not the same location as the 62-66 or so larger dog dish caps, but i have never checked to see if those caps fit the ford wheels. as supercuda said, i have also just bent the retaining tangs outward to quiet the squeeky wheel cover or trim ring when needed. late cop wheels are heavier than the standard steel wheels of that era, made from thicker material to take extra abuse from pot holes and curbs, and yes, they flex less than the standard wheel as well.
beer