Originally Posted By 71TA
Ok I see. I did some Googling and see where this piece is like a "gap hider" between the bumper and hood. Like the bumper to fender pieces that Dales Cuda sells.

Does anyone make these rubber seals or the metal strip?

This one is in great shape but it's going in my parts database. I bought a giant box of parts off a guy, thin from the southwest or California and all the rubber pieces cleaned up like new. Hood to radiator and hood to cowl seals that almost look nos and still soft.

Jim,

Correct as mentioned this piece is the filler strip to seal between the hood and bumper on a 70 ONLY Charger, it is also used on the 69 Daytona Charger as well...

The aftermarket piece while correct in profile is another victim that often plagues aftermarket weatherstripping, the durometer is too high, plus the manufacturer extrudes this molding so the curve found in the original's center doesn't exist in the repro, this causes the center to bulge or pucker when installed, when the repro is used on a Daytona the results are even more pronounced due to the nosecone angle, this causes the repro molding to stand somewhat erect when installed, rather than lay flat like the original...I usually spend a few days compressing, heating, and shaping the repros to conform "naturally" in shape to fit a Daytona, the aftermarket piece is usable, but many restorers wish a better product was out there!...as far as the metal backing strip, you either reuse an original, or fabricate a replacement

Mike