Originally Posted By lockjaw-express
Hi Madscientist,

McLeod told me that the new 1200HP dual disc ceramic clutch will work just fine for my application for the street...they just told me not to dump the clutch at a standstill with sticky tires or I will break the transmission and rear end.

I am building a street hemi car that will not see a track, and will not be dropping the clutch at a launch...I just want great traction without any jumining around.

I thought the M&H Street Radials would be the ticket, and they also have the matching wide 8" tires for the front.

In my Street/Strip GTX I have a Lenco 5spd with a McLeod Soft-lok Sintered-iron Clutch that is designed for a clutchless transmission...So, I have a car for the strip,a nd one for the street.

Prior to the passing of Tim Hyatt (RIP) he told me that the Soft-loc will not work with a standard shifting manual transmission for street driving. McLeod told me the same.

Holley has a new Clutch out that is a long style, but noting to fit a Gen II hemi car.

So, what do you suggest?

Mark

Then McLeod and Tim Hyatt are both wrong. I drive a Sof-Lok on the street. Have for years.

If you are not going to beat on it, the M&H's will be fine. Didn't know you had a second car. Seen way too many guys say they will never hit the strip, buy a clutch like you did, and wonder why it won't shift above 6k or even less.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston