Originally Posted By 375inStroke
Thanks for the replies. Is there any concern with plug wires on #6 and #8 with angled plugs on manifolds?

Using AndyF's motor as a guideline, would something like the Trick Flow 240 heads be too big for this type of motor?

Would a split pattern cam be something to avoid, or just keep the intake around the 240° to 245°@.050", and not worry too much about it?

If I was building a new motor today for my car I'd use the Trick Flow heads. I don't see any reason not to other than the angled spark plugs which are not super friendly with the HP manifolds.

If you read my cam testing article in the tech archives you'll see that cam selection is a little tricky. If you go too big you lose bottom end power and the manifolds prevent making top end power. If you go too small you make a lot of torque but you give up top end power. I had to test a bunch of cams before I figured out what my engine wanted. Dwayne is a good guy to ask for a cam recommendation. He has a fair amount of experience with manifold engines.