Mancini Billet Retainer

Make sure block sides and top where Retainer makes contact is completely clean , and oil free
I used acetone to clean . Same with retainer , oil free where it contacts bock top and sides

Clock the parting line on the seal halves at 12 and 6 - Obviously make sure seal lips are oriented correctly and a little oil on both seal halves to help slide them both around top of crank meeting at 12

Slide the retainer dry over the two studs that Mancini supplies to evenly center both seal halves on the bottom of crank at 6

Even with the Mancini Billet Retainer I used a little Black RTV down the sides in between the o-rings and a dab on top where the o-rings slide in the holes

Double check block making sure it's still clean and oil free

Slide the retainer back again over the studs making sure the o-rings on both sides start evenly and firmly press the retainer in place over the centered seal halves - The rtv with the o-rings will almost act like a lubricant helping you slide the retainer in place against the sides of block

Clean off the excess black rtv

Remove studs making sure the retainer stays centered

Install bolts and torque in place

Zero rtv on any part of the actual seals themselves

Allow 24 hours to dry

Did my 383 this way and a friends brand new rebuilt 383 stroker motor that he had two shops attempt to seal with zero luck

Zero Drips So Far On Both

Last edited by bee1971; 10/03/16 11:34 PM.

1971 Dodge Charger Superbee
2011 Ram Sport 1500 Quad Cab Deep Water Blue Loaded
Siberian Huskies