Cliff Notes: 515 HP to the Tire

Took the old girl to the dyno on Saturday, tried a few small things with jetting and timing, wasn't able to find any real power but it was interesting none the less.

The dyno doesn't like the converter, it flashes to 6300 and was causing the graph to have a giant hole in it, thus why the graph has MPH on it instead.

The engine never stopped pulling, on each run, peak horsepower occurred where I lifted. I pulled it to 7500 and it was still gaining. I don't ever plan to spin it beyond that so I didn't bother to rev it up more. In hindsight I probably should have tried 7800 just to see what happened and verified the valve train stability. I may do that in the spring if I make some changes this winter.

Hopefully I will be taking the car out in the next few weeks with a shorter tire on it to let the car rev more. With the 30" slick now it goes through the traps about 6900. I've got a 28" radial on it that should let it sing a bit more. The switch to a radial alone should be worth about a tenth, plus whatever is gained by 2 inches less height.

Last edited by Triple Threat; 10/03/16 01:13 PM.

-Dustin
67 Dart, 9 second, 392" G3 Hemi
68 Barracuda 340 F/SA