Originally Posted By ss/ah3480
When I built our car way back when it weighed 2985 with me in it...I can't remember what I weighed but it was somewhere around 250-275.....it is built light....dipped doors,bumpers,interior panels,etc....and that was with a old block and heads switch are lighter....I suspect a new car would be heavier not lighter
Well then your own car could be 2900 with a 200lb driver and 2850 with a 150lb beanpole driver. That is 300lbs light for the class.Is your car all moly. 9" with an alum center, lightened ring gear, etc. Carbon fiber driveshaft. Alum body shocks. Titanium wheel studs and every ounce of uneeded weight from it? Light cars are a state of mind. I have had countless people tell me "I can't get it lighter" and I can look at the same car and see 100lbs in about 30 seconds. First question is do I NEED this part. Next question if the answer is yes, is how do I make this part lighter. Not an extra wire, not an extra thread sticking out of a nut. Alum bolts, titanium bolts, plastic bolts. We took 5 lbs out of the stock deck lid of my dads super stocker with a hole saw on the inner trunk lid structure. EVERY piece on my GTX was lightened in some way.

There is a member on the board that has a 65 Coronet street car that looks stone stock that is likely lighter than AH class weight by a fair amount.

So by your own admission, YOUR car can be 300lbs light, yet you doubted it when I said that one could be 400lbs lighter than AH weight with some maybe no so class legal changes. In fact it would be easy

Last edited by Monte_Smith; 10/03/16 12:07 AM.