Wow what sad news I found out about car #170 on the SixPack 6 BBL Registry.
In 2011 I did some touch up work on the car and removed the American Racing Torq Thrust whels and BFG T/A tires and installed the H code steel wheels and bias ply Redline tires so it cold be put up for sale.
After I moved to New Jersey from South Florida the owner I painted the car for took the Car and the numbers matching 440 engine which was on a motor dolly to Barrett Jackson auction at Palm Beach,FL and both the car and the motor was tagged with the same Lot#
The F6 A12 SixPack SuperBee 4 speed with white bucket interior and white tail stripe sold for $81,400
I found out from a broker who sold the car last that the car has been bought and sold several times since the 2012 BJ Auction and now the #'s matching motor is no longer with the current owner.
Not sure if the buyer of the BJ auction collected to engine or made arrangements to have it shipped but the #'s 440 is mot with the car.
Dan Cook built a 11:1 440 with Aluminum heads and installed the Sixpack intake and carbs onto the new motor as the owner and dent felt it was best to remove the original 440 and not use the #'s block as if anything happened to the engine and block got damaged the car could no loner be a #'s matching car.
I verified the VIN on the block as well as the 4 spd transmission case in the car and numbers on the radiator support along with correct part # on the radiator.
We were told 2 of the H code wheels were 70 date code and other 3 were 69 date code.Also it didn't have the air cleaner sticker and lid was not 69 date code.It still was a very nice car and I had done body repairs and repainted the car inside and out as we removed the engine and trans and I repainted the engine bay,K member and suspension parts then the door jambs wrre stripped,inside doors blasted to remove surface rust then primed and painted.
Exterior was all repainted with PPG DBC basecoat in F6 green and PPG Urethane Clear and car was wetsanded and buffed to show finish shine.
The inside of trunk had to be repainted after I had removed the rubber mat to install new taillight wiring harness and found that condensation had formed under the mat in the hot Florida garage and made it start to rust so I had to redo the inside of trunk so there wasn't any place on car that I hadn't repainted.
Broker told me that one of the owners had floor pans put into the car and the bottom of them were painted black as guess the guy was GM guy and that how the GM's are but this car when I worked on it had undercoating on bottom side.
Also that shop who did some work on it started taking credit for it or owner who had the work on floor pans was giblcing them credit for the car but it was me that redid the car in 2005 and I painted it on Christmas day 05 and was assembling it on New Years Day as I have date stamped photos in my photo album with all the work I did.
Now the Broker wants me to copy my photos and have them burned onto a photo CD.
I want the current owners info but he won't give it to me and is going to contact them and pass my info on to them
Right now I am busy with getting ready to move into a new shop but unless someone pays me for getting the photos copied to CD and mailing it I don't think I should have to put that expense out of my pocket do we will see if the new owner contacts me now that I have emailed the broker and found out as much as I could about the original #'s 440.
I have a feeling that the #'s matching 440 is now long gone which is really sad.
I tried years ago contacting the SixPack Registry to find out who the owner of #170 was as there were updated photos but it wasn't any from the owner I did the car for but I don't think the registry has been updated since
The registry never contacted me so I gave up trying to track down the current owner