Had a great time seeing many friends. Saw some different machinery out there for sure. Our first run was a throw away. Trans brake didn't hold and it rolled the lights. That will happen when you forget to put it in 1st gear, whoops. We were at the head of the line for our 2nd pass when the train came through. After the gates raised they shut it down. 7:00 was there set time. Though as Jeff said nothing went on for well over an hour after that. Here were the two big issues I saw. #1 the event was supposed to start at noon. It wasn't even close 1:30? maybe. #2 there were many participants who felt they didn't have to wait for there turn and ran 3-4 passes. When I asked the worker at the head of staging I was told "don't worry about it". I asked two other officials still nothing. As competitors watching at the line started to realize what was happening the group got pretty vocal. Finally a guy came down in a golf cart and policed it. But it was two late. I would say over half the racers got one pass. A simple punch card would solve that issue. Over all it was a unique experience.
Doug