Man it seems as though winter has brought out the worst in everyone here on moparts. A lot of bashing & name-calling that has never been a part of this forum has crept up and it doesn't sit well with a lot of us. I wonder how many new (or young)people look on this site and think "wow, is that how adults act?". Anyway, I want to share my point of view that some of you may find interesting. When I first got into this hobby I was only 15. I had a nice 69 Charger that I thought I would tub and narrow to build into a pro-street. I was into racing and fast street cars for about 8 years and got tired of that and quickly started to gain interest in original cars and the way they were built. It was a challenge to me, which I have always loved. It still is, and I think that some people do not understand what makes someone want to restore a car to perfection and build "trailer queens". Simple answer, to preserve history and try to push yourself to do the best you can. Just as some of you enjoy making your race car faster etc..Just think if there were no examples of original cars or "trailer queens"-wheres the history preservation. What if every town you went in had all the old beautiful homes turned into apartment complexes-everyone would say "what a shame". I have owned some "trailer queens" but never would again, but I will build them for other people who have an interest in that field. My most enjoyment comes from building cars with personality, believe it or not! My main point is tolerance on this board and trying to understand different peoples motivations without being so judgemental and hateful. If you hate restored trailer queens then why would you come on the A12/resto forum? If you hate cutting up rare cars why would you visit the race forum and bash those guys.
Some of the best friends I have are on this board. I dont always agree with everything they post or their tact, and a lot of them dont even like each other, but the personal insults are getting very old. Thanks for letting me rant, best wishes to all.