Quote:

It is much harder to find a hemi intake that has NOT had this modification than ones that DO have it. If the manifold is date coded correct and has the modification there is no way to prove or disprove who or when it was done.

I have several NON-modified hemi intakes. I do not doubt that there are allot of modified intakes out there, but most were done with hack saw blades and die grinders(I have one of those too). The reality of someone doing the modification right... or exact without a/the spec. sheet or a real example is zero. If I explained to someone what it was supposed to look like its not likely they are going to go out in the garage and do it. And then again even if someone had the blueprint for the mod. would have the tools or ability to do it.
Aruzza is making new ones(machining the new MP intake) and selling them on E-bay but I didn't see the welded in runner... so there is an example of someone with the tools and they are still not doing it exact.

I was told that Vanke modified HEMI intakes into the early 70's and I also heard that DLI did the same mod.