My daily is an 04. completely stock. The reason this thought came up was that the car sputtered and died while I was almost bone dry on fuel, but I got it started back up immediately and made to gas station and filled it full. A mile down the road as I was parking it sputtered and died. crank crank crank no start. So, that memory of being told "never run a fuel injected car out of gas" came up and I thought maybe I fried the pump. Had to get towed home. But with the information from the posts in this thread, and hours of research and screwing around with the car today, Im still not sure what the issue is. Its not exactly a chrysler car... so I posted the complete story in the Moparts general section.

My pump primes for 2 seconds when the key is turned to the ON position, but when the key is turned to start and the engine cranks, the fuel pump doesnt make a sound. Not sure if the computer restricts the the fuel pump/injectors until it confirms spark or a certain rpm.. But one thing is for sure, Im either not getting spark or not getting fuel during cranking.