Originally Posted By DrCharles
Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
The seat mounts DO NOT hold the seat in the car. For Christ sakes, Pro-Mods and similar have the damn seats held in with dzus fasteners. You think those keep the seat in the car in the event of a crash? The BELTS hold you AND the seat in the car. If your belts let you and the seat move around a lot in the event of a crash......either the belts are not mounted correctly OR you did not have them tight enough

iagree

The poly seat only weighs a few lbs. which is a very small percentage of most of our body weights. whistling
It's not going to matter what kind of inserts it has.

If you look at how complicated the seat mounting is in a NASCAR ( they are installed RIGHT!) and then you look at the lame A$$ way most drag racers mount the set and belts you will then see my point--Drag racers usually do a crappy job --follow no instructions --or even care--Until--they have a crash and learn the hard way just how much you can move around in a car with belts tight as all get out--YOU MOVE a LOT!
Minimizing the chance for injury is all about a well designed seat that fits YOU not the average guy--all circle track seats are custom in NASCAR for a reason--you go get fitted then seat is built for you--then..more attention goes into mounting than than almost anything else.
Read, study, ask the makers of safety equipment and make your car MUCH safer! Or not...
Every violent bracket car crash I have ever seen the seat and belts did not do the job and were detached, deformed, etc which for sure added to injury--
I run a front engine dragster with a very snug drivers compartment to say the least--I am belted in so tight I can hardly breathe--I had a rough shut down on a crappy/ bumpy track recently and was VERY surprised how much I moved in the cockpit--a ride like that in a door car and poly seat and I would have been in the back seat
FWIW many Pro mod type cars fly all to pieces during a crash--everything leaving its original mounting spot--they may follow NHRA specs but those do not promise or mean it will not bust into a 1000 pieces and save you --it is not much more than a little common sense --it is not all "scienced" out so yea--they have Dzus fasteners and most everything else on them is too light and prone to break off with the least little bump
One out of 20 bracket racers can tell you what seat belt mounting angles and shoulder belt height etc should be the others are just lucky they have not crashed.