I took the Polara back to the track today.Made a few runs with the 1 7/8 tti headers installed(hooker 1 3/4 super comps before).Lost .05 on my 60ft. and 2 mph up top.There was a signifigant headwind not present at last outing.Otherwise weather conditions were identical.
Felt like my cold air setup might be restrictive so I replaced the air cleaner lid with one that covers the top of the filter and leaves the rest open with my cold air tubes still hooked up to the base.BAM matched my best time previously and mph 12.70 @ 106.Swapped my modified 750 vacuum secondary for my BIGS 850dp and knocked down two new bests with the open lid still in place.12.59 @ 106 and then a 12.54 @ 107 with a steady 15-20 mph headwind.
On my best et I spun out of the hole but still got my best 60ft of 1.79 and a 7.98 1/8 @ 87mph.On the 12.59 I dead hooked and it bogged a little.
I wish I had tried the larger carb and open lid with the old headers(like WIZE told me to).The larger headers(which I convinced myself were better for a 496 even at my weight)seemed to move the tq band up a little.I could use some more stall speed to compensate( I found one of my flexplate bolts missing and the others loose before I left.Could not get the new bolt to tighten so I rednecked it and tightened the other 3 and went racing )
I don't even know where the timing is at.I may schedule some dyno tuning to check timing/jetting for max hp and tq.
I need to redo my cold/fresh air setup with some larger tubes so it can breathe.
Maybe some N2O will get me the 11 sec slip
Sorry for the long post.
George