Morty426:

Originally B7 blue, blue interior, bench seat w/fold down armrest, column shift, axle package.

Darius:

There's a mix of good used parts (torsion bar mount, deck lid, rear frame rails)and AMD sheetmetal. Typical B-body-cut the back half off the car off and replace it! I think I have more than five original pieces left..I'll have to find some pics.

Somewhere along the line there was a "tow package" added to my GTX and the ends of the frame rails were trashed from the hitch and rust. Originally we were just going to replace the ends of the rails and repair the front sections where the frame connectors were scabbed in, then decided to just replace the whole frame rail assembly. They made a mess of the torsion bar mount when they installed the frame connectors so that's getting replaced as well. A four speed and bucket seats were in the car at one time so the front floor is getting replaced also.

After the body was clamped to the jig, he set up the laser aligner to see how far out of spec the original front and rear rails were and found the front of the car was almost perfect and each of the rear rails were off something like 1/8". After installing the rear frame rail assembly, he checked the new/used rails and found they were almost perfect, which was good news.

GTX4.jpg
Last edited by RT03; 07/10/16 04:46 AM. Reason: added pic