...it's been asked a million times before, go read other threads...I get it, and I have. But I'm getting conflicting suggestions. Mainly, from Mancini where I bought their billet rear main cap with the 4 side seals (2 on each side).

Where exactly do you put the sealant?

I always heard you loaded up the side seals with them, but when you push the cap on, the fit is so tight the sealant slides right out the top and seems pointless. I'm definitely using the side seals and not just tossing them and loading the grooves up with silicone like mentioned in other threads I read.

A rep at Mancini recommended NOT putting silicone (contrary to the instructions) on the side seals but instead putting vaseline on the side seals so they go in easy and the engine heat would burn off the vaseline after it was started the first time. Is this correct?

Also, do you put any sealant on the surface of where the cap mates up to the register in the block?

Do you put a small dab on the end seals?

I do have the seal halves offset just a hair like mentioned in the other threads.

I'm just paranoid and don't feel like having to mess with this again once the engine is in the car.

Thanks for any help

Last edited by J5440; 07/08/16 08:53 PM.