Finally back. I have been pretty busy till now. Hi John, I had read a tech question on the Mopar Action web site about some one had changed the cam on their hemi, and they thought their pushrods were to short afterwards. Rick advised him to turn the adjustment screws till one thread was showing on the underside of the rocker, then adjust an adjustable pushrod to fill the space.( I was wrong about the two or three threads). I have been online most of the morning trying to find adjustable pushrods that are long enough, have cups on one end, and have balls on the other that are the right size to fit the lifter cup.

In my original post I failed to mention that I had changed the cam in my engine during my teardown because of a failed bearing. The cam I replaced the original with was a Mopar kit P4529315AE, which actually has less lift than the original. I can't see that having any effect on the pushrod adjusters hitting the valvecover baffle, but at this point I think I am suffering from brain burnout as this thing is on my mind day and night.

I guess everyone is closed for the holiday, and I won't be able to talk to any techs at Smith Bros. about a pair of adj. pushrods.

Appreciate your replys John. Larry