Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
When you go to the track with expectations to WIN, it ceases to be fun pretty quickly as the commitment it takes to win is HUGE. Then if you are putting forth that effort, but still NOT winning, it becomes even worse.

Many here put down career test and tuners here all the time and claim they aren't "real" racers. Well, unless it pays your bills, most racing is a hobby any way. If your hobby isn't FUN, whats the point. So at least the career TnT guy is likely having fun and doing what he likes and that is the intent of the sport.

This is why my stint as a bracket racer was short lived. Even though I was pretty good at it, the racing itself was zero fun. Sure, winning money was great, but bracket racing was not fulfilling, at least not to me. So I became the TnT guy with a quest to just make what I had, as fast as it could be. THAT was fun and still is

It`s a business and losing isn't much fun and bracket racing for me is no fun either hence et chasing and bettering my last best. Gaines is doing what he NEEDS to do and I respect that..........

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....