Originally Posted By AndyF
You could put the HV pump in there to see what it does. That is a fairly simple experiment to run. Sometimes the best solution is a HV pump with a standard spring, other times you need the black spring.
iagree thumbsWay better to have to much volume and pressure than needed work I would install the high volume pump as is but inspect and clean it before use, and then see what pressures you end up with thumbs
I normally use that pump on all my Hi Po BB builds, I will trim some coils off the black spring if needed, IE a street and strip motor that will see 6500 RPM max I will shoot for 65 lbs at 6500 RPM with hot oil(160F+) on the dyno or in the car thumbs On your deal if you decide to reduce the pressure on the high volume pump do as AndyF suggested, remove the black spring and put in the other spring from the standard pump to see what that does for you thumbs I have added shims(thin flat washers that will fit in the bypass valve cup between the srping and cup) to a standard pump to icrease the bypass pressure.
Let us know what you decide and find out, it will help others on here thumbs

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 06/20/16 12:34 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)