I don't think the lube hole is the problem and the fact that it already has one is probably overkill in a perfect lube oil situation. It just looks to me as if its not getting any oil to that hole whatsoever. It appears as if the rollers wore so bad that they eventually rolled over, jammed or ejected with the springs because of the reduction in size.
Any time a roller rear support is used carefully attention to the lube circuit and alignment of the sealing areas on the output shaft must be taken.
As a precautionary measure, I would inspect the planets and make sure the gears have minimal radial play(as an indication of needle bearing and shaft wear). If it is a lube failure and has been running like this for a while the planetaries may be starting to take a beating.
AG.

Last edited by turbobitt; 06/16/16 10:43 AM.

1970 Challenger w/572 Hemi street car and my pride and joy. 1986 T-Type with 272 Stage 2 Buick V6 engine - True 8 second street car. Just updated the engine and put down 928 HP @ 35# boost to the ground on chasis dyno. 1976 Cee Bee Avenger Jet Boat - 460 Ford powered.