Originally Posted By RapidRobert
Yeah I remember the 2:45 listed I just dont remember exactly what axle. that 2.2 was that for 70's EPA? mileage numbers!

The one I had was in a 1983 (I believe??) Grand Fury. Oddly enough, that car was an ex-police car! It was not a police car intended for pursuit work, as it had the 318 2 bbl engine. It did not have all the other heavy duty features police cars typically carried either. The car was kind of a cross between a civilian Grand Fury and a Police Pursuit Grand Fury. According to the paper work that came with the car, it was last used by a state prison. I do not know if the prison ordered the car, or if it was given to the prison after being used by a police agency.

Swapping out the axle helped it a bit, but the car still did not run right. I tried tuning up the engine, but it still lacked power. Finally, I realized the engine had internal problems. I Pulled the 2.94 sure grip back out of it, along with a few other parts, and junked the rest!

Today, I wouldn't have so impulsively junked that car. It was the nicest driving M-body I owned.

Last edited by QuickDodge; 06/07/16 08:39 PM.