Getting ready to get the Fasbird back on the street after being apart since May 2004. I am looking for advice on a cam choice. I was running a Huges duel profile years ago. Think it was .515/.535 hydraulic. Below are the specs on the '72 stock 440 to the best of my knowledge and the parts I am installing, etc. I sold the car in 2009 and bought it back. This is the engine that came with it. I disassembled it last weekend. It is exceptionally clean and looks like it was just went through. I have had the top end, heads, manifold, carbs, etc. sitting in boxes for a couple years....all brand new.

Stock 9:1 compression (?) has flat top pistons
balanced bottom end (definitely work done to the crank)
Edelbrock RPM Performer heads
Edelbrock 6-pack manifold w/holley carbs
4spd., but on the waiting list for the Passon 855
3.91 gears (8 3/4)

Here is my questions and desires. The Huges cam was a real nice sounding cam at idle, with a little bit of a thump to it. Had great bottom end and still retained the needed vacuum for the power brakes. To me it was a nice street cam, as the car hardly ever sees track time. I am looking for something similar and saw the Lunati kit at Mancini. It is; Cam and Lifters, Hydraulic Flat Tappet, Advertised Duration 276/284, Lift .513/.533, Mopar, Kit.

Any thoughts or recommendations?????

Gary

Last edited by Fasbird; 06/07/16 12:23 PM.