These are samples of each flush. Finally said to heck with it, and flushed with all hoses pulled. I have a pic of the final result but file is too large to upload, but this pic should give a sense of what I was working with.

Crank pulley and water pump pulley almost touch. I have to pull the water pump pulley to install power steering belt.

I may have a 7 blade fan around here off a 413 I think. I'll have to look.

I'm thinking of building a shroud but it'll have to wait till after the trip to Utah unfortunately. Also going to build a filler piece for in front of the radiator. Think an old floor mat would be ok to use? As in if it touches the radiator, will it melt?

Today ran cool. Sat in a drive through and she never went above 200*. Heat soaked to 200* when shut off at the gas station. But cooled down instantly once fired. Topped off the overflow tank to the "full" line after the truck was hot. Sat with hood open while I was cleaning up/out the rail to rail toolbox and after about 5 hours, the coolant level in the overflow is about 1/4 way down, so the radiator is pulling it in when cooling down.

Temps are from an aftermarket gauge that was in the truck when I bought it. I may actually buy a brand new one just for good cause.

Coolant is green but still looks dirty.

Gonna go for a drive tomorrow when it hits triple digits and see where I'm at. I'm also going to look for my fixed fans to see what I have.

Thanks for the tips guys!

image.jpeg