Here is the reply from CME to my questions. Sounds like i need to get them a core too which i would have to pay for the charge as i dont want to give up my matching number's block.

We understand what you want. I recommend our “Daily Driver” ‘good vacuum’ 383/383 horsepower “LOPEY” idle “High Performance Pump Gas” Complete, Balanced, Blueprinted, and Dyno Tested engine at $4996.00. See the enclosed spec sheet. Our “High Performance Pump Gas” Complete Balanced, Blueprinted and Dyno Tested engines are complete from intake to oil pan. Please see the second picture on the Home page of our website. Each and every engine is completely “broken-in” and thoroughly tested during a several hour dyno session. They are painted the OEM color or color requested. Cylinder heads are “bowl blended, port matched” and cc’d. No detail is overlooked. The horsepower figures advertised are guaranteed and the actual dyno sheet from the dyno printer is supplied, Not a file copy! Also we can tune your carburetor and distributor during dyno testing for trouble free operation. This can be critical to the drivability of the vehicle. However, we recommend a new ‘Quick Fuel Technologies’ SS780 carburetor at our special price of $495.00 and a MSD “Ready To Run” distributor at $425.00. These items will be tuned and set to the engine. The engine will then be ready to drop in and drive. This engine and other versions are listed on our website at www.cmengines.com under the “Dyno Tested Performance Engines” drop down.

Total shipping “Round Trip” which is picking up your old core and shipping the remanufactured unit to you is $195.00. We handle the paperwork and send the truck.

Let me know when you are ready to place your order.

You can call me at 803-275-2549, Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern Time.

Thanks again,
Ritchie

Ritchie Barnett, Sales Manager
Joe Friar, Sales
John Clark, Production Manager
Mike Saye, President
Quoted prices good for 30 days
Note: Performance engines and parts may not be "Street" legal in all locations.

“CHRYSLER 383 BIG BLOCK"

383 HORSEPOWER

HIGH PERFORMANCE PUMP GAS CRATE ENGINE

CAROLINA MACHINE ENGINES uses the highest Quality brand products including: ACL, Bullet, Clevite, Cloyes, Comp Cams, Dana, Eagle, Elgin, Federal Mogul, Felpro, Hastings, Lunati, Manley, Melling, Perfect Circle, Pioneer, Probe, RHS, Scat, Speed Pro and Victor Reinz.

This engine begins with seasoned and thoroughly inspected premium OE heads, rods, crankshaft and sonic tested block. All internal parts are new high quality parts. The short block is equipped with hypereutectic pistons, moly rings, brass expansion plugs, and premium bearings.

The longblock is further equipped with pocket blended and port matched heads, multi angle performance “SERDI” valve job, performance valves, pushrods, valve springs, rocker arms, timing set, hydraulic lifters, and our special camshaft with around .480" lift and 270 degrees duration.

It is expertly machined, balanced, blueprinted, plate honed, line honed, and decked. It has been assembled by a highly capable technician and spin tested to check oil pressure, compression and oil circulation!

Added to the complete version are oil pan, oil pump, oil pump screen, timing cover, harmonic balancer, polished aluminum valve covers, dual plane performance aluminum intake manifold, oil filter, oil filter adapter, dipstick, and spark plugs.

To remove the possibility of “New Engine Bugs”, our complete versions are then dynamometer tested and “broken-in” with the proper carburetor, a performance distributor and quality headers and mufflers. The actual Dyno sheet from the dyno printer, not a copy or generic, is provided with the engine. A final crankcase pressure test and oil filter internal inspection is performed.

When used with the recommended carburetor, ignition and exhaust system, this engine will produce 383 horsepower at around 5200 RPM and around 425 foot-pounds of torque at about 3700 RPM.

It will have approximately 9.5 to 1 compression ratio and will have a “Lopey”, noticeable idle. Also, it will have good manifold vacuum (14-16").This engine is very streetable and is the maximum in compression, camshaft, etc recommended for everyday street use. It can use, although not recommended, 87 octane gasoline if the ignition timing curve is correct. Also it is okay with the stock torque converter and exhaust system, however we recommended quality headers and a 1600 to 2400 RPM stall torque converter to realize the maximum performance potential of the engine.

A 12 Month - 12,000 Mile written warranty is supplied with the engine. A 36 Month optional warranty is available.

“We consider this engine to be a daily driver.”