Originally Posted By MR_P_BODY
Originally Posted By madscientist
Originally Posted By MR_P_BODY
Originally Posted By madscientist
It's injected. So it's not the same as N/A. You need the vent the same size or the next size bigger than the outlet (as was mentioned in another post) and that is the MINIMUM it needs to be.

Also, it's alcohol. You have to remember that fuel is being returned to the tank. So because it's injected alcohol and has a return line, you need a BIG vent. Alcohol producers more vapor in the tank when return fuel is put back into the tank.

And vapor creates more pressure in the tank
wave

Have you ever run injectors? I ask, because every time I pressurized the inlet side of the pump, you couldn't tune it, and the tune changed in proportion to the pressure above the outlet.

Also, (this is way over my head but it's what happens) any air entrained in the fuel in the tank from bypass fuel is stays in the fuel, which alters pump output.

Big vent. If you are having tune up issues, look at the size of your vent.

Yes.. I run injection.. plus I flowed injectors
at Chrysler for about 10 years before I moved
over to the exhaust side... and right now I run
higher pressure on the inlet side of the injectors
wave

Th OP is working with mechanical injection. I have never done EFI, nor will I. It's two different things.

Don't know about EFI, but I know if you build pressure in the from lack of vent, it will change the tune up.

If you put return fuel below fuel level, you can still get some bubbles in the fuel. That will change the tune up.

It's that simple. You can't make the vent to big. But you can damn sure get it too small.

I won't even get into returning fuel to the inlet side of the pump, even though it is a common practice.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston