Nice truck!
- You've got a great truck there. My advice is to just keep driving it. With an average life to overhaul of 440,000 miles, you aren't gonna wear out that CTD anytime soon!

Thanks

- In all fairness to Cummins, the 6.7 is still a great engine. There are some issues with the new pollution control garbage, but that isn't really thier fault. The "other" guys motors have more and more crap on them too.

Cheers,
Dave

Dave,

I agree with you 100%, the 6.7 engine from Cummins is an EXCELLENT diesel engine that unfortunately has been cut off at the knees by ever increasing emission regulations.
My buddy has a 6.7 in his 2007.5.
The engine is extremely quiet but is very hard on fuel and feels underpowered.
Unfortunately carbon buildup in the turbo from the exhaust and EGR has been a nightmare for him.
He's had this carbon buildup issue multiple times, the stealership just cleans everything under warranty and gives the truck back to him to do it all over again, or least until the warranty expires
He finally disconnected the EGR system.
This brough the truck to life.
Tons more power and much better on fuel.
Of course now he has a constant check engine light on the dash.
Unfortunately like in all states what he had to do is illegal. I hope they can come up with a legal solution to the issues on the 6.7 engine for all those who spent 40k plus on a new diesel Ram.
We don't currently have emissions testing in our county but I see it coming in a year or two.

Kevin