Originally Posted By MLR426
Guys,

I have a 2001 300m and it appears I have a bad trunk latch but unsure. The interior release will not trip latch, fuse is good.
Also the strange thing is I cannot turn and unlock the latch with the key, the key will not once inserted into lock. I can release the latch by crawling through the trunk to the pull release cord.

Regards, MLR426

my wife's '94 concorde was like that when we bought it. it came from ny. state, so i'm guessing since you are from ill. [?] you probably have maybe the same issue[s] rusty states come up with. as to the key issue not turning the lock. after i got the trunk open, i removed the cylinder and cable connecting the cylinder to the latch. i then filled a coffee can with wd-40 and let the assembly soak for about a week. then, after running the key in and out numerous times, i was able to free up that part of the setup and was able to make the key/cylinder/cable assembly turn with the action of the key. my guess on this part was the previous owner only used the remote, so nothing was moving in this part and it ceased to function. while i was letting this soak, i looked at the latch assembly bolted to the trunk lid. the first thing i discovered was the latch retainer loop was slightly bent, causing the trunk lid to be forced slightly sideways. i adjusted this, but the latch still wasn't right. i then took the latch assembly off and discovered quite a few parts are plastic and there was dried grease, crud and grit all through the mechanism. it took some doing, but i finally got all the crap out of the latch, then made sure there were no broken parts. after checking the working action of the latched and open positions, i lubed it with some white lithium grease. put everything back together and it has been working great for 16 years now. i clean and re-lube every so often, and the only time i have had trouble was when the grocery boy slammed the lid shut after putting the purchases in the trunk. i had to re-adjust the latch catch, and it was back to the way i like it. "click,click" with very light pressure. i HATE slamming doors, hood, and trunk lids ! hope this gives you something to look into in fixing your latch.
beer