Originally Posted By csk
this is the one I used, it is for a mechanical fuel pump, it has a jet bleed, I have a 3/8 supply & 3/8 return, I also wrapped all my lines. With the ac running & 107 outside temp I no longer have any heat related fuel problems.

link to bypass regulator

I ordered, received and installed this regulator yesterday.
I mounted it to the right frame rail by the pump. The outlet of the pump enters the regulator then exits to a new steel line that runs back up to the filter and dual feed line to the carburetor. I thought of mounting it behind the carburetor but this looks cleaner and is mostly out of sight. I also ran the return line to the stock vent line. The fuel temps did go down.
Primary Carburetor bowl Before: 135+ After; 127-130
Fuel line from regulator to filter Before: 160-165. After: 145-148.
Odd thing though: The Carter pump I also installed used to register an 11 lb reading before. This regulator is supposed to be preset to 6.5 lbs. It now idles at 3 lbs but jumps to 6 or so when the engine revs up. I tried adjusting the locknut as per the instructions but it made zero difference to the pressure reading. Their tech line is closed on weekends, of course.
The filter never emptied out though. It almost always did before. The pressure never dropped to zero like it did before.
I thought that I may have the regulator plumbed backwards. The instruction sheet is very basic, the regulator is not marked INLET or OUTLET, nor does it have arrows to indicate the intended direction of fuel flow.
If nothing else, it does not run dry. That is an improvement.