Originally Posted By OzHemi
If you are running a 2 piece rotor/hat setup for brakes...maybe have a hub machined with a mount on the back side that will be able to fit some off the shelf exciter ring ? (since everything now a days uses them basically) maybe look to something with a seperate hub setup that might be similar to use... Corvette, Camaro or something? Then make a mount for the sensor. Have to be pretty precise of course where it is would be all, but shouldn't be the end of the world to work something out I'd think. work

Either that or design some other front suspension design that could use a complete spindle/upright from something late model with ABS..

As for using a transmission output speed for the rear wheel speeds...I guess the computer would compute the different speeds everything is running at then? (since the transmission output speed is different then wheel speed)

So far I just have run-of-the-mill 11-3/4" front brakes. I do plan on doing something different however, what that turns out to be is TBD. I do have access to a laser cutter and can make my own tone ring from sheet steel if I need to.

As far as the details of the ECU, I have yet to work that out specifically, however whatever I can get to work, I can pretty much apply to the rear..just easier. Tailshaft speed, pinion/driveshaft speed, wheel speed, etc.

Originally Posted By jcc
Quote:

I think I have a flat-shift circuit figured out, it's not anything like a sequential, but it's as good as I can get. I do have some ideas for rev-matched downshifting as well, with an electronic throttle body, but that is a later project after it's on the road.

Now you got my attention up

Yea that one will be a little more complicated, but I have what I'd do in my head along with an Arduino board to act as my interface. Seems achievable. I may keep the cable throttle body and make a system that blips the throttle mechanically vs with an electronic TB, that might actually be easier to do.

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi, T56 Magnum 6spd - https://www.facebook.com/GoodysGotaHemi
2020 RAM 1500
[img]https://i.imgur.com/v9yezP9.jpg[/img]