Registration Day:

Sorry for not chiming in sooner. Life has been a little crazy since I got home. I'll probably have to make a couple separate posts as time allows so I can keep up with life in the mean time.

That being said, I think Drag Weekend itself was probably easier than the weeks leading up to the event. As I mentioned in the other Drag Weekend post we had been pretty busy over the last several months trying to get my mother-in-laws 68 Olds 442 put together in time. We were finally able to fire the Olds up on the 27th, just 4 days before Drag Weekend.

My car had been sitting apart since last Drag Weekend when it broke several rocker arms. I replaced a couple rod bearings, had the lifters reground, did some mild porting and advanced my cam while playing search and rescue for the rocker arm pieces. I finally ended up firing my motor up for the cam break in on Thursday morning @ 9:00. After the break in was complete we loaded up and headed off to Phoenix with both cars.

When we arrived in Phoenix we still had a small intake gasket leak on the 442 to deal with. The decision was made to complete tech and registration and then address the intake. So after a fairly painless registration process it was back to the pits to the deal with the leak.

Several hours and a tube of silicone later the intake leak was behind us but so was our opportunity to make a couple passes. We loaded up our mess and headed off to Cracker Barrel for dinner before going to the hotel. <---- This was probably the first legitimate meal I'd had in weeks. Pop Tarts, Mac and Cheese and Little Ceasers seemed to be to fast food of choice during the thrash that had ensued prior to Drag Weekend. As I recall, this may also have been the first night I was in bed before midnight since I can't remember.

PART_1457287622206_PART_1453499050734_IMG9549591.jpg_20160406_105418.JPG
Last edited by MadMopars; 04/06/16 04:16 PM.

[img]https://s9.postimg.cc/6fbjxzfvv/48-2016-_Drag-_Weekend-_Best-_Burnouts-lpr.jpg[/img]

73 GTX *440*727*8 3/4*
69 DART GT *440*4 SPEED*DANA*
73 ROAD RUNNER *451*4 SPEED*DANA*
64 F100 *383*4 SPEED*9"*
75 DODGE D300 *440*4 SPEED*DANA*
99 DODGE RAM 3500 4X4 DUALLY... ON 38"s