Originally Posted By MR_P_BODY
Originally Posted By 2boltmain
I understand loyalty to our nation. It gets confusing when there is someone who only buys Ford, Chevy or Holley and have pledged their allegiance to these American companies but they have ZERO issues with these USA companies SOURCING OUT WORK TO AN OVERSEAS PART OF THE GLOBE. If someone is a buy ONLY AMERICAN person they should have stood up and protested GM Ford GE RCA Troy Built ect ect ect years even decades ago the instant those companies decided to have components,sub assemblies and entire complete products made in China. If you dont like things made outside the USA you should not lecture moparts members- you should protest/boycott the American MFGR of choice and demand they be 100% made here. Where is the line drawn? "My Ford is 80% made in the USA and your Chevy is 79% made in the USA so I am the better American by 1%..." The big 3 auto makers partnered up with a Japanese mfgr way back in the 1970s. People share disadain for Toyata and praise for GM when GM has been relying on Japanese tech, labor and parts for decades but yet someone who buys a Honda or Nissan is wrong.

You dont get the part of STEALING.. a overseas company buys
1 head and makes it their own. as for a company that sends
their work overseas thats up to them and I dont have to buy
it either(I havent bought a Holley manifold in 20 years)..
I still buy Chrysler because I worked there 35 years and they
pay my bills so I still have loyalty to them.. even if I couldnt
stand the company at times... but this started with the stealing
part
wave

True. That is especially egregious. The Chinese are not the only ones guilty of this. There are a number of instances of American based companies doing this. Reverse engineering someone else's product, producing a copy and putting their name on it with little engineering costs or credit (re: money) for the developer. Without naming names, cylinder heads, intakes, and transbrakes are a few items that come to mind.
Sometimes we see something new, different or unique that is a great idea. Somebody years ago was the first to incorporate an anti-roll device in a modern 4-link suspension. Now it's standard equipment. Improving existing designs is how technology moves forward. Making a cheap, inferior copy of someone's product in order to profit from their reputation and expertise is unethical.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.