I just bought a used 5.9 Magnum out of 2000 Dakota with 90K miles on it. Runs great and I initially want to run it in a mild configuration. I want to run it carbureted with Edelbrock Air Gap manifold, Holley Avenger 670 carb, MSD ignition, cam and headers. I will leave the long block other than cam alone for now. I would like to get about 300HP and as close to 400TQ as I can with this setup. My question is actually not as much as about power, please give an estimate if you can, than it is in the fact that I want to run a mechanical fuel pump. I also want to run the serpentine belt system of the magnum as I have all the accessories that came with this engine including A/C. I think that the LA motor water pump housing will fit a magnum block. I also know the magnum water pump runs in reverse rotation to the LA setup. My questions are:

1. Does the LA front pump housing bolt onto the magnum block for me to run a mechanical fuel pump

2. Does the magnum pump fit into the housing to keep the serpentine system working properly

3. Are there any issues here I should know about

4. Is there an alternative solution to accomplishing this that could be suggested

Thanks in advance. Ron

Last edited by Ron TN; 04/01/16 04:56 PM.