Originally Posted By DAYCLONA
Originally Posted By Stewpar
Went to install my Six Pack Lines onto my Carter M4845 fuel pump and the fitting it too large? Read all the posts on this pump as the one to get, but what gives? Do I need an adapter or ? Any help would be appreciated.

I think the fitting is 1/2, but the female end on the pump looks like 5/16 ?

The Carter M4845 pump uses an 1/8 NPT threaded outlet, the fitting you require is a 1/8" NPT X 1/2-20 inverted flare for 5/16" hard line adapter, most parts stores with a knowledgeable employee can easily find this under brass brake and fuel adapters, if they carry the Gardner Westcott line, the PN# is 481c5x2

or you could purchase from www.quadrajetparts.com PN#2218J for $9, or try Member Scott Smith/Harms Automotive

Mike

On another note I generally find the Carter M4845 too high in pressure for the Holley needle seats, the pump's output is 6-8 psi, and the GPH is poor at 33 GPH, I've found that using the Carter HEMI pump M6903 better suited for the sixpack supplying 120 GPH, but at 5-6.5 psi, I find the 6bbl induction prefers volume over pressure...just a note for future reference

$1.98 at Advanced Auto Parts!

Life is so easy when you know EXACTLY what you need.

I see some pictures with Teflon tape on the threads, is this necessary?

Thanks Mike!

Admiration For Multiple Carburetor Vehicles...