I am trying to get my car all hacked up and reinforced for the G Force GF5R transmission and was hoping you all could help out with locating the engine/trans and crossmember.

Unfortunately I didn't see the G Force swap coming so we didn't measure anything prior to removing the transmission. Adding to that is that the rear spring are junk. The rear segment of the longest leaf is bent on both sides so measuring anything off of the diff is of no use.

Getting into the details, the car sits 2.5* nose down measured off of the inner fender well ('66 B-body). I was assssssuming that the carb flange should be level (0*) however there no clearance between the hemi style oil pan and draglink/centerlink or whatever you want to call it.

I'd like to think that if the carb pad was level the crank centerline would be 3* down but I have not got that far.

I'm not really sure where to start here other than I know the following:

1) The transmission should be angled down.
2) Drag link to oil pan clearance must exist - how much?
3) The headers must have clearance for both the floor pan and torsion bars.

Any thoughts? How much clearance do you guys have between you draglink/centerlink and the oil pan? I can see where our setup was VERY close but not rubbing.

Hopefully I'll have the engine in a week or so and then I can install it and the headers to see where we are at in real time. In the mean time take me to school!