Originally Posted By DAYCLONA
Originally Posted By Dixie
Originally Posted By DAYCLONA
Originally Posted By Grizzly
Which of the Vendors has the best return/refund policy when you get a poor fitting set?

Year One was the only vendor willing to take the moldings back if they weren't cut/modified or glued, buying weatherstriping is like buying electrical components, you own it regardless, and the vendors know it, that's why they keep selling the crap

We don't have that policy. Don't confuse vendor with manufacturer. Most manufacturer's will take them back from a vendor if there is a true fitment issue. So, unless cut/modified or otherwise damaged, there shouldn't be an issue to return. Always verify return policy before buying any product from anyone.

Hate to disagree, but whenever I called the vendor and/or mfg to TRY an address the issues or offer feedback with the moldings/weatherstrippings in question, I was always met with the responses that "this is the first we're hearing of this, we'll get back to you" or "we've never heard any complaints about this product, you're the first", or "maybe you need to adjust the panel/trunk/door/etc", "Do you have the right application", "perhaps your installation is incorrect" the list was endless, but the answer was always the same, no return,...Year One has a "no questions" asked return policy on anything they sell, except special request orders

I have not personally tried to return any moldings to Dixie, so I can't verify their return policy, but I think it's safe to assume they know their own policy. And that of their suppliers.

Just to be clear here Dayclona, are you saying that Dixie refused a molding return from you? Or are you saying generically that suppliers haven't taken your returns? I think that is an important distinction.

Master, again and still