Originally Posted By max_maniac
Originally Posted By jwb123
My experience is that it is not your weather, it is your tires. Standard 15 inch trailer tires are JUNK. I converted my last trailer to 16 inch, 10 ply light truck tires and never looked back, two years parked outside and no problems. Tire shop got me a size that was only 1/2 inch taller than my regular 15 tires, so all I had to do was buy rims.
With 15 inch trailer tires I used to blow out on average at least two a summer. Had damage to trailer, and changing trailer tires on the interstate is much more dangerous than drag racing.
Bought a new trailer this year and 16 inch tires were an option, so I got them on it as well.
[u][/u]

The light truck tires are NOT LEGAL in most states. There are many states that it is the law that the tire has to be marked "Trailer Tire". I'm sure if I had 15" light truck tires they may last longer too but they are not legal for me.

Do you know or know of any other person being stopped by the local law enforcement and looked at thier trailer tires for the "trailer tire only" designation labels work I know I always look at the GVW rating on all of my tires, truck, car and trailers, to make sure there rated a bunch (minimum of 10%+) higher than the known load I'm towing or carrying up I have fought that war on enclosed car trailer tires blowing up for no reason runaway I've had some that weren't two years old and where ran at 5 lbs more pressure cold than what was on the sidewall and the load on each wheel and tire was 1200 lbs less than the max GVR of those tires confused I haven't lost one in the last three years, knock on wood, so I will probally have three of them blow out on the next long trip to a race work shruggy I carry three spares now ready to go now realcrazy grin I have had two tires come apart 80 miles apart from each other on the same trip, I also lost two by running over a rock in the dark on early morning before sunrise runaway I missed it with the truck and hit it with both of the right side trailer tires, bent the rims and ruined the sidewalls whiney

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)