Originally Posted By Street Monkies
Cool build no doubt. I didn't know that was yours until now. You definitely had a lot of time into it, and thought. So basically what I am getting from this is a bigger bore/shorter stroke is useless in this contest? Say like 4.320x3.750 for example. What happened on the whole exhaust flow? The intake flow seemed pretty strong. That's actually not that big of a CSA. Must of been aiming for velocity. To pay someone to do the machine work on a motor like this has to be crazy. What's it cost to build one of these motors? Thanks for the replies, details, Info.

A large part of the score comes from how well the engine accelerates off the brake right at the "hit", engines with very high piston speed seem to do better-that 440 made as much as 551 ft/lbs @ 3000 rpm on our dyno in an earlier config that I should have returned to.

Exhaust flow was compromised by the small bore/large intake conundrum. Yes velocity and stable flow are the 2 biggest keys.

To pay someone to do this? LMFAO! Me and my partner did all of this one on our own time which was basically months of coming in @ 5:00 am and leaving @ 9-10 pm every weekend and late Friday nights in between.

The cost of just the components on this one was somewhere around $15k CDN. EMC is no different than any other form of racing. It's an addiction that trumps reason sometimes. J.Rob

2009 PHR\EMC Competitor
2010 PHR\EMC Competitor
2011 PHR\EMC Competitor
2012 PHR\EMC Competitor
2013 PHR\EMC Competitor
2014 HotRod/EMC Competitor
2015 HotRod/EMC NoShow
2016 HotRod/EMC 3rd place SPEC Bigblock
2018 HotRod/EMC 7th place G3